2 tbs corn oil
4 cups fresh corn (about 6 ears)
1 red bell pepper, chopped finely
2 jalapenos, chopped finely
1 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/2 cup cornmeal
2 tbs pure maple syrup
1 cup finely chopped scallions
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cayenne
1. Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease 8×8 casserole dish.
2. Saute corn, bell pepper, and jalapenos in large skillet for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally–corn should be lightly browned. Meanwhile, stir cornstarch and coconut milk until dissolved.
3. When corn and peppers are done, transfer 2 cups to blender. Add coconut milk mixture, pulse about 20 times until pureed but not smooth.
4. Transfer to mixing bowl and mix with remaining corn, cornmeal, maple syrup, scallions, cilantro, salt, and cayenne.
5. Pour batter into baking dish and bake for 40 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes.
From the Veganomicon