3 pounds sugar pumpkin
3 tbs peanut oil
1 large white onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 tsp garam masala
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp cayenne
1 cup water
1-inch cube fresh ginger, peeled
10 oz fresh spinach, chopped coarsely
juice of 1/2 lime
1. Preheat oven to 350. Cut tops off pumpkins. Cut pumpkins vertically and scoop out guts/seeds. Place flatly on greased baking sheet and bake 45 minutes.
2. Let pumpkin cool. Peel off skin. Chop pumpkin into 1-inch chunks.
3. Saute onions in oil for 5 minutes. Add garlic and saute 2 to 3 minutes more, until everything is golden brown.
4. Add pumpkin and cook until heated, 3 minutes. Add spices and salt. Grate ginger into pot.
5. Add water and cook about 5 minutes. Mix, leaving it somewhat chunky.
6. Add spinach in batches, mixing after each addition.
7. Cook for about 10 minutes. Add lime and salt to taste.
From the Veganomicon