3 tbs grapeseed or peanut oil
1 large onion, chopped
1 large chile pepper (jalapeno or serrano), minced
2 large shallots
1 (1/2-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
1 large parsnip, peeled and chopped
2 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1 1/2 cups red lentils, sorted and rinsed
4 cups vegetable broth or water
1 1/2 – 2 pounds cauliflower (about one medium size head), cut into small florets
2 tbs chopped fresh cilantro
2 tbs lime juice
1 1/2 tsp salt
1. Saute onions and shallots until tender, about 5 to 7 minutes. Grate ginger and chile in, and saute for another minute.
2. Add the spices and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Then add parsnip and stir-fry for another minute.
3. Pour in vegetable broth and add lentils. Cover pot and boil for 1 minute. Stir again, lower heat, and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes.
4. Add cauliflower, partially cover, and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro, lime juice, and salt.
5. All to cool for 15 minutes.
From the Veganomicon