2 (10 oz) packages extra-firm tofu
2 tsp cracked black pepper
2 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup honey*
1. Press tofu. Cut into triangles.
2. Combine pepper, thyme, and salt in small bowl.
3. Add oil and honey to pan. Bring to medium heat until honey begins to bubble.
4. Coat tofu slices in mixture.
5. Cook tofu, 3 minutes on both sides. Allow sauce to thicken.
*Some vegans eat honey, some do not. In the future, I will experiment with agave nectar and maple syrup to compare the flavor.
From Vegetarian Times